Coöperatie AVEBE U.A. (hereinafter referred to as Avebe) takes the protection of your privacy very seriously and is committed to developing technologies that offer you the most advanced and safe online experience. This privacy statement provides you with information on how Avebe and its Dutch and foreign subsidiaries handle your personal data.
Your privacy is of great importance to Avebe. Naturally, we comply with the privacy legislation.
What personal data do we process and based on what basis?
Visitors to the website
If you visit our service for the first time, we will show you a notice with an explanation on cookies. Through the cookie statement on our website, you can change or withdraw your consent at any time.
Avebe uses the following cookies on its website:
Functional cookies. These are needed for the website to work, for example to allow that the desired information is shown quickly and correctly, each time you visit our website. It is not necessary to ask your consent for the placing of functional cookies. The legal basis for this type of cookies is our legitimate interest (ensuring that our website works properly).
Statistical cookies. They help us to understand how the visitors use our website, by gathering and reporting data anonymously.
Marketing cookies. They are used to trace visitors when they visit different websites. Their goal is to show advertisements that are tailor-made and relevant to the individual user. This way, these advertisements become more valuable for publishers and external advertisers.
The personal data that we keep of our members are: their email address, name and address, telephone number, acreage and financial information. We use this information to be able to perform the tasks of our co-operative, which include:
- to keep the membership records and the books and other records. Basis: fulfilment of our contract with you, legitimate interests of our organisation (efficient business operations) and legal obligations;
- to perform contracts, including to make payments. Basis: fulfilment of the contract;
- to organise events. Basis: our legitimate interests (marketing, proper provision of services) and fulfilment of the contract;
- to inform members about relevant activities and the organisation of Avebe, for example by electronic mail or app message, among other things in the newsletter, whether or not accompanied by sponsored content. Basis: fulfilment of the contract and our legitimate interests (proper provision of services, marketing);
- to implement the articles of association and regulations. Basis: our legitimate interests (proper functioning of our organisation) and legal obligation;
- to deal with complaints and to register incidents. Basis: fulfilment of the contract and our legitimate interests (proper provision of services, proper functioning of our organisation);
- to offer and administer websites and apps only accessible to our members and to obtain information on the quality or effectivity of websites and apps, for instance by using cookies. Basis: fulfilment of the contract and our legitimate interests (proper functioning of our organisation and our websites);
- to analyse crop data for statistical and scientific purposes. Basis: our legitimate interests (scientific research);
- for purposes about which you will be informed separately beforehand. At the same time, you will also be separately informed about the basis;
- to comply with statutory requirements, such as requirements regarding bookkeeping and tax legislation.
Suppliers and customers
The personal data that we keep of our suppliers and customers are: their email address, name and address, telephone number, relevant contract information and financial information. We use this information to be able to perform the tasks of our cooperative, which include:
- to maintain our supplier and customer administration and keep the books and other records;
- to fulfil contracts, including to make payments;
- to facilitate the trade in potato products, including starch;
- to organise events;
- to inform suppliers and customers about relevant activities and the organisation of Avebe, for example by electronic mail or app message, among other things in the newsletter, whether or not accompanied by sponsored content;
- to offer and administer websites and apps only accessible to our suppliers and customers and to obtain information on the quality or effectivity of websites and apps, for instance by using cookies;
- to analyse personal data for statistical and scientific purposes;
- for purposes about which you will be informed separately beforehand;
- to comply with legal obligations, such as requirements regarding bookkeeping and tax laws.
The applicable legal bases are fulfilment of a contract, compliance with legal obligations and looking after our legitimate interests (proper provision of services, efficient business operations and marketing.
Avebe member portal
With our portal ‘My Avebe’, our members have access to an administration environment in which they can consult, set, and change settings. We record what you did and when, so that we have proof of that.
In regard to the administration of your account, we keep your name and address, telephone number, email address and password. The applicable legal basis are fulfilment of a contract, compliance with legal obligations and looking after our legitimate interests.
Contract form and newsletter
With the contact form, you may ask questions or submit applications.
For this purpose, we use your email address, IP address, telephone number and name and address. Basis: fulfilment of the contract and/or the legitimate interests of our organisation (proper provision of services, training customer service to continue to improve our service);
Furthermore, you may subscribe to our newsletter. In our newsletter, you can read news, tips and information on our products and services. You may cancel your subscription at any time. Each newsletter contains an unsubscribe link. You can also unsubscribe through your account or through the portal. Your email address will be added to the list of subscribers only with your consent. Basis: your consent.
We would like to send you advertisements about offers and new products or services, which are similar to the services and products that you ordered as a customer. We do this:
- by email;
- through social media.
You may object to these advertisements at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, each email has an unsubscribe link. You may block us or use the unsubscribe option.
When you apply for a job with us, we process the following personal data:
- Your name, email address, address and telephone number;
- Data on your work experience, training, etc.;
- Your CV;
- Data that you have made public through social media.
We process these personal data to assess your suitability for the position you apply for or any other position within our organisation. Basis: our legitimate interests (hiring good employees).
You are not obliged to provide us with the personal data described above. However, if you do not provide the personal data mentioned above, we will probably not be able to provide the required services.
Visitors to our sites
For our and your safety, we use cameras in public spaces, such as our parking spaces. This is always notified in the space in question. This is based on the legitimate interest of our organisation (your and our safety).
If we organise events, we take photographs that we place on our website and/or in newsletters and/or other social media/means for promotional purposes. This is based on the legitimate interest of our organisation (marketing, promotion). If you object against being visible on these photographs, you may notify this to our privacy officer prior to the event. We will make sure that you will not be visible on the photographs.
During your visit to Avebe, you may use our Wi-Fi network. You will have access based on a personalised temporary account. To this end, we record your name, telephone number and email address. As soon as you are logged on to our network, data are collected automatically, such as the identification number (MAC address) of your device. These data will be removed 6 months after expiry of the temporary account. We use these data to avoid any abuse and to find out, in the event of abuse, from which account the abuse took place. The processing of these data is based on the fulfilment of a contract (to provide access to our Wi-Fi network) and the legitimate interest of our organisation (safety and abuse prevention).
We do not use fully automated decision-making.
Do we provide personal data to third parties?
If necessary for the provision of our services or to comply with the laws, we may provide your personal data to the following third parties:
- Our website administrator;
- Our accountant;
- The tax authorities;
- External assessment agencies;
- Our pension administrator;
- Our occupational health services provider.
If necessary, we enter into a data processing agreement with these third parties to guarantee that your privacy is properly protected.
If we provide personal data to third parties outside the European Economic Area, we will always ensure that the requirements of the GDPR are met, such as suitable guarantees by means of binding operating instructions, standard provisions adopted by the European Commission, etc.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We never retain your personal data for longer than necessary. In concrete terms, we use the following retention periods:
- Data website visit: up to 6 months after your visit;
- Contact form: up to 3 months after our last contact;
- Newsletter: up to 3 months after you unsubscribed;
- Member portal: up to 6 months after the end of your account;
- Customers and suppliers: for as long as our cooperation continues and up to 5 years after the termination of the cooperation, unless tax laws prescribe a period of 7 years or longer;
- Personal data with regard to books and records: 7 years (statutory retention obligation);
- Job applicants: up to 4 weeks after completion of the application procedure, unless a retention period of 1 year is agreed with the job applicant.
- Camera recordings: up to 4 weeks.
Sometimes longer retention periods apply based on the law or due to claims or legal proceedings.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take the protection of personal data very seriously. We ensure that your data are properly protected. We continuously adjust the protection and pay attention to what may go wrong.
We use different systems and databases to store your personal data. We have taken several technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss or unauthorized use. Our systems and applications are protected in accordance with the applicable data protection standards.
Most personal data are stored within the European Union. If personal data are transferred to recipients in countries outside the European Union, we take additional, suitable measures to protect your data.
What rights do you have?
You have the right of:
- access your personal data;
- rectification of your personal data;
- removal of your personal data;
- restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- obtaining your personal data in digital format (data portability).
You also have the right to object to the processing. If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will respond to your request related to any of the rights mentioned above as soon as possible and in any case within 4 weeks. You are also entitled to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Agency.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Please note the date at the beginning of this statement and check if there are new versions. We will strive to announce changes also separately.
You may send an email to email@example.com if you have questions about this privacy statement. If you have other questions, requests or complaints, please contact:
Coöperatie AVEBE U.A.
Prins Hendrikplein 20
9640 AA Veendam
+31 (0) 598 66 91 11